If you are someone who suffers from frequent bouts of cough and cold, you probably have a very weak immune system. Cough and cold, very often, is also accompanied by headaches and blocked nose. In such a scenario, the usual thing to do is pop in an antibiotic or an anti-allergy, drink bottles of cough syrup and if nothing works, just go to a doctor and repeat the whole process again. Allopathic solutions help by quickly relieving you from the symptoms, but it doesn’t help cure the condition permanently. So next time you suffer from cough and cold, try one of these natural remedies:
1. Ginger: Ginger is extremely good for the throat and helps relieve cough and irritation in the throat. You can also sun-dry the ginger with salt and carry it around for instant relief.
2. Green tea: This is a drink that can help soothe your cough and cold symptoms. It detoxifies and is popular as a “wake-up” drink. Green tea can also help you relieve headaches. You will find ginger and lemon green tea as well, which is perfect for people suffering from regular bouts of cough and cold.
3. Lemon, honey and hot water: Popularly known as a weight loss drink, the combination of juice of a lemon, a spoon of honey and a glass of hot water can do wonders to sore throat and a weak immune system.
4. Turmeric: Turmeric is one of the best antiseptic substances found in nature. Add a pinch of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk and drink it up. It will not only heal you from inside, but will also boost your immune system to prevent future infections.
5. Tea: Regular black tea has great benefits. It can soothe your throat, get rid of your headache and can also act as a relaxing agent if you are in a bad mood because of your cough and cold.
6. Peppermint oil: Take a few drops of peppermint oil on a Q-tip and smell it to clear blocked nose. You can also apply it on the inside of your nose for elongated benefit.
Though you will be tempted to reach for the box of medicines, try to relieve yourself from cough and cold using natural remedies, especially if you are someone who suffers from these conditions continually.